- 01-24-06, 02:40 PM #1
Dietitian's tip: Instead of frying potatoes in shortening, roast them in the oven to save fat and calories. These potato wedges are dusted with rosemary and oven-fried until brown and crispy.
1 pound large red or white potatoes with skins, cut into wedges 1/4-inch thick
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon rosemary or oregano
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Soak the potato wedges in ice water for 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes and rinse thoroughly under cold water. Press between paper towels to dry. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl, pour the olive oil over the potatoes and toss to coat evenly.
Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the potatoes over and bake another 5 minutes. Sprinkle the herbs over the potatoes. Return the potatoes to the oven and bake until they're brown and crispy, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis(per serving)Calories 116 Cholesterol 0 mg
Protein 2 g Sodium 7 mg
Carbohydrate 18 g Fiber 2 g
Total fat 4 g Potassium 517 mg
Saturated fat 1 g Calcium 12 mg
Monounsaturated fat 2 g
MAYO CLINIC HEALTHY WEIGHT PYRAMID SERVINGS
Your healthy weight pyramid: A tool for weight loss
A sample menu using the Mayo Clinic Healthy Weight Pyramid
DIABETES MEAL PLAN EXCHANGES
Your diabetes meal plan: Exchange lists
DASH EATING PLAN SERVINGS
Fats and oils 1
- By Obesity Discussion in forum Sell or TradeReplies: 0Last Post: 03-10-06, 05:03 AM
- By Obesity Discussion in forum Mayo Clinic Side DishesReplies: 0Last Post: 01-24-06, 02:40 PM
- By Obesity Discussion in forum Mayo Clinic Side DishesReplies: 0Last Post: 01-24-06, 02:09 PM
- By Obesity Discussion in forum Diet Side DishesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-28-05, 04:25 AM
- By Obesity Discussion in forum Diet Side DishesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-28-05, 04:24 AM