- 12-09-11, 10:47 AM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
Here’s a recipe for a low carb bread made with broccoli, egg and flaxmeal. This bread is high in both fiber and protein and contains minimal carbs. Broccoli is also considered a superfood because of all of the vitamins and minerals it provides. While this isn’t your ordinary buttery bread loaf, it still tastes great and is a fantastic addition to your new “carb-free” menu! I cut my loaf in half and made it into two slices but you can also cut it into four slices if you want them smaller.
2 Cups Broccoli Florets
2 Egg Whites
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Steam broccoli
3. In a bowl, beat the egg and egg whites
4. Add in flax, baking powder, almond milk and cooked broccoli
5. Pour the contents into a greased baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden
6. Remove form oven, let cool, and enjoy!
For more daily low carb and keto recipes check out Low Carb, Keto , Paleo Diet Recipes | Nutrition Tips !
- By SinOrSlim in forum Atkins Diet First CourseReplies: 0Last Post: 12-09-11, 10:45 AM
- By SinOrSlim in forum Atkins Diet AppetizersReplies: 0Last Post: 12-09-11, 10:39 AM
- By Obesity Discussion in forum Mayo Clinic Main DishesReplies: 0Last Post: 01-24-06, 08:04 PM
- By Obesity Discussion in forum Mayo Clinic Main DishesReplies: 0Last Post: 01-24-06, 08:02 PM
- By Obesity Discussion in forum Diet AppetizersReplies: 0Last Post: 02-28-05, 04:16 AM